Friday, November 4, 2011

Not Just A Machine (Personification)

Tonight i was watching a great episode of human planet. The Mongolian Nomans were the main part of the show and a segment of this topic caught my attention. The horse man have to work as one with their horse to catch the wild horses to collect their milk and tame them.

This could be transfered into this project. Ive own bikes for a few years now and the one thing i love about them is that i give them a personality, i say things like, "shes playing up in these cold mornings, bit cold for her in the garage at night". I as much as i need the money at this time of my life, i cant bring myself to sell 'her'.

Ive created a story for my bike, i know the insides and out of getting it started in the morning and 'her' fuel consumption in different situations. I need to transfer this into my design, maybe even in a literal sense.

I want to create a partener in riding and commuting, not just an object which aids the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment